Oceanographer (Research) - AOML
Company: MPOWIR Mentoring Physical Oceanography Women to In
Posted on: September 16, 2023
This position is located in the NOAA Atlantic Oceanographic &
Meteorological Laboratory (AOML), Physical Oceanography Division,
Miami, Florida. http://www.aoml.noaa.gov This position will be
filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This
system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS,
positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The
ZP-3 is equivalent to the GS-11/12. The ZP-4 is equivalent to the
GS-13/14.* A three year probationary period may be required.
* A hiring incentive may be authorized.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is in the bargaining unit.NOTES:
This vacancy may be used to fill other Oceanographer (Research)
ZP-1360 3/4 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike
(e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band
requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy
announcement).DutiesAt the ZP-4 level, the individual selected for
this position will:
- Develop and implement studies and research to determine the
effect of the ocean on the climate.
- Design, collect, compile, process, analyze and interpret
- Prepare data reports and scientific articles.
- Apply knowledge of oceanographic sampling systems, problem
solving and presenting.
- Use extensive knowledge of large-scale ocean-atmosphere
interaction, inter annual-decadal climate variability, and a
mastery of geophysical fluid dynamics to prepare scientific papers
for publication.Leave a Reply Your email address will not be
published. Required fields are marked * Comment * Name * E-mail *
Keywords: MPOWIR Mentoring Physical Oceanography Women to In, Miami , Oceanographer (Research) - AOML, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!