Care Facilitator 2
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: September 18, 2023
We're unique. You should be, too. We're changing lives every
day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative
and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the
charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy? We're
different than most primary care providers. We're rapidly expanding
and we need great people to join our team. The Care Facilitator 2
is responsible for a variety of activities related to patient
intake and care. The incumbent in this role performs fundamental
administrative support tasks and is actively involved in cross
training to enhance their clinical skills. He/She possesses a
strong commitment to providing superior customer service and views
every interaction as an opportunity to build a trusting
relationship with the patient and their family members. ESSENTIAL
- Maintains patient medical records, updates patient charts.
- Cross trains at least 8 hours/week as a Care Promoter 1 to
enhance clinical skills.
- Substitutes and fills-in, as needed, to complete back-office
clinical work, such as: taking patient vitals (i.e. blood pressure,
temperature, weight statistics, etc.) and documenting reason for
- Utilizes computer programs and software to record and update
patient information and print necessary forms.
- Answers telephone calls, takes precise, detailed messages and
ensures messages are directed to the appropriate individual(s).
Follows up with care team to assure timely responses.
- Promotes expertise and capability of
ChenMed/JenCare/Dedicated's clinical personnel with patients and
family members, ensuring patient care personnel is properly
identified and introduced.
- Serves as a patient advocate, e scorts patients to exam rooms
and ensures their comfort and well-bring prior to leaving. Other
responsibilities may include:
- Greets and welcomes patients and family members into the
center. Checks patients in and records and/or verifies medical
history & demographic information. Ensures patient contact and
emergency contact information is up-to-date and accurately
documented in the system.
- Verifies patient insurance via phone or website and collects
copays or payments for services. Contacts insurance company on
patient's behalf to obtain benefits and precertification.
- Schedules patient's appointments with PCP and Specialists.
Presents patients with customer service survey during check out and
escalates concerns for immediate service recovery.
- Acts as HEDIS champion for PCPs by providing visibility of
HEDIS needs for scheduled patients.
- Reviews patients' personal and appointment information for
completeness and accuracy.
- Assists with scheduling follow-up and in-house Specialist
referral appointments, when necessary.
- Regulates and monitors aspects of transportation, including:
Driver's lists/patients, medication deliveries, grocery deliveries,
driver's behavioral challenges, scheduling and coordinating
Uber/Lyft rides for patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager's
discretion. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional customer service and patient relations skills with
a passion for serving others
- Ability to be compassionate with, empathetic for and caring
towards our patients and their family members
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving abilities;
specifically, the ability to work as self-starter. Ability to
prioritize workload and maintain an organized workspace
- Knowledge of ChenMed medical products, services, standards,
policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of medical insurance verification
- Conceptual knowledge of electronic medical record EMR
- Skilled in operating telephones, personal computers and other
basic IT equipment
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with
leaders, colleagues, patients, family members and other individuals
in a professional and courteous manner
- Detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and data
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; excellent
telephone etiquette and keen listening skills
- Must possess a positive and professional attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other
word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and regionally up to
10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- Graduation from a nationally accredited Medical Assistant
program OR comparable vocational healthcare training/preparation
(i.e. foreign-trained physician, paramedic, etc.) required
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience in a hospital, medical
clinic or similar environment OR documented clinical rotation
training can be substituted for work experience
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart
Association (AMA) or American Red Cross required w/in first 90 days
of employment We're ChenMed and we're transforming healthcare for
seniors and changing America's healthcare for the better.
Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to
improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve.
We're growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors
from inadequate health care. ChenMed is changing lives for the
people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation,
comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement
opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life
balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a
difference in people's lives every single day.
Keywords: ChenMed, Miami , Care Facilitator 2, Other , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!