Physician/Attending - Radiologist (Interventional Rad) - (Full Time)
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 20, 2023
The position is primarily a clinical position related to the
diagnosis, treatment and clinical management of pediatric patients
in a multidisciplinary environment that includes physicians,
nurses, advanced practice providers, clinical scientists and social
workers. The position offers exposure to a mix of general and high
acuity pediatric patients. The position also includes teaching and
supervision of medical residents and provides opportunities to
participate in research and publishing.
Job Specific Duties
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in customer
interactions and treatment.
- Continues to actively self-educate (i.e., reading journals, CME
credits, NCH conferences, etc.).
- Coordinates and/or develops and delivers monthly inservices to
meet staff and resident development needs.
- Coordinates follow-up of tests, lab studies, and patient
follow-up phone calls.
- Directly provides clinical services to patients including, but
not limited to: performing and recording history and physical
examinations, recording and interpreting pertinent patient data,
developing and documenting a treatment plan, writing routine orders
for appropriate laboratory studies, x-rays and consultations,
performing patient/parent teaching, assisting with patient
follow-up, performing appropriate screenings, administering
medications as required, ordering and/or performing therapeutic and
diagnostic procedures as indicated by patient findings.
- Makes suggestions to Department Director and/or attending staff
that may be beneficial to the improvement of the
- Participates in Performance Improvement, Research and
- Participates in teaching of and is role model to medical
students and residents.
- Participates in the call schedule as assigned.
Qualifications Minimum Job Requirements
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) from
an accredited medical school -
- Current state medical license and in good standing with medical
- American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in good
standing throughout employment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional clinical, research and teaching skills and have a
commitment to academic pediatrics.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients,
families and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful
- Ability to problem solve to formulate a plan of care and
evaluate the patient's response to care.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and react calmly under stressful
Job : Physician
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital -
Main Hospital Campus
Department : NCPS-RADIOLOGY GROUP-3100-440721
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Miami , Physician/Attending - Radiologist (Interventional Rad) - (Full Time), Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!