Public Works Project Coordinator
Company: Town of Palm Beach
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: November 18, 2023
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
The Town of Palm Beach is an internationally acclaimed destination
known worldwide for its extraordinary beauty, small-town charm, and
exceptional service standards. Our residents are some of the
world's most influential people and they choose Palm Beach to call
home because of the amazing quality of life. The Town is seeking a
key position to perpetuate its values, of excellence and
reliability in this one-of-a-kind setting.
Do you share these values? Are you ready for the challenge? Come be
part of our team!
The Town of Palm Beach employees are driven by the vision to
deliver the highest quality service by continuously improving and
always striving to be the standard by which all others are
measured. The employees of the Town commit to and are guided by the
--- - -Respect for everyone;
--- - -Highest ethical standards;
--- - -Cooperation and teamwork;
--- - -Commitment to quality;
--- - -Spirit of innovation;
--- - -Open and timely communication; and
--- - -Personal responsibility and accountability.
If you share these values, apply to join our team.
This is skilled work involving the management of an
interdisciplinary team of vendors and contractors in their
collaboration with Town employees. This position will conduct field
observation, prepare documentation, and coordinate Town-owned
facility projects that include, but are not limited to, pump
stations, grounds, parks, rights-of-ways, and green spaces. This
position will become familiar with specific bid documents and
required scopes of work to ensure compliance with Town of Palm
Beach standards, purchase orders, bid documents, and project
specifications as detailed in each contract. Work involves
interacting with Town supervisors and employees as well as
contractor and vendor's representatives. General and specific work
assignments are received from department Division Managers and Town
engineers and coordinated through the Facilities Maintenance
Division Manager. This position is expected to work independently
under moderate supervision, exercise initiative and judgment to
evaluate contractor job performance, assist with planning and
organizing work schedules, and be responsible for training and
coordinating projects with appropriate personnel, reporting to the
Facilities Maintenance Division Manager. -
- Oversees, monitors, coordinates, and maintains the work of
consultants, vendors, contractors, and other service providers in
their collaboration with employees engaged in performing projects
in municipal parks, right of ways, roadways, and green spaces.
- Completes status and inspection reports to document
consultants, vendors, contractors, and/or other service providers'
- Administers annual maintenance contracts, monitors work to
ensure compliance with terms of contract, and reviews
consultant/contractor invoices and payment requests.
- Prepares project schedules and monitors progress to ensure they
are completed within the established schedule.
- Reviews change orders for additional and/or unforeseen
maintenance and repair needs.
- Examines, reads, and follows blueprints and drawings.
- Evaluates and determines appropriate equipment and supplies for
duties/projects assigned to vendors, contractors, and employees
performing projects for the Public Works Department.
- Procures and requisitions -materials and supplies for job sites
and projects.; Submits reports regarding same.
- Keeps time reports and prepares and submits reports on labor
and materials used.
- Assists with preparation of bid specifications for related
programs and projects.
- Offers guidance on identifying and transplanting, fertilizing,
and pruning of plants, shrubs, and trees in conjunction with the
Town's Green Initiative.
- Assists Division Managers in monitoring yearly expenditures
within the approved budget.
- Communicates with supervisor on project status, changes,
progress, and any problems that are encountered.
- Enters and retrieves information utilizing various computer
programs including Eden, MS Word and Excel, GIS programs, work
order management systems, etc.
- Attends meetings and serves on committees as needed.
- Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge of applicable
laws/regulations; maintains an awareness of new trends and advances
in the profession; attends workshops and training sessions as
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduation from high school or equivalent required. Additional
training in trade/vocational school, or an equivalent
- A minimum of five years of experience in project
coordination/management is required.
- Must possess a valid Government issued Driver's License.
- Required to obtain valid State of Florida Class E Driver's
License within 30 days of appointment.
- Proficiency in, MS Word and Excel, MS Outlook, GIS programs,
enterprise database, work order management or equivalent systems
- Must have a general knowledge of commercial systems including
but not limited to, fire sprinkler/suppression systems, HVAC &
plumbing systems, building techniques and technologies, as well as
landscaping, horticulture, and or general landscape
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of various computer programs, including
spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Must have the ability to evaluate the performance of vendors
and contractors based on existing contracts, analyze failures , and
recommend -corrective action -when necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with associates, departmental officials, and the
general public, both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to direct the work of others and train in accordance
with the department's processes and policies.
- Ability to maintain records and create reports.
- Familiarity with tools and equipment used in the operation and
maintenance of Public Works Department projects.
- Thorough knowledge of Town policies and procedures.
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with vendors, contractors, Town employees, and the public.
- Software skills, or equivalent systems, for the following
programs: -MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook (or equivalent
email/calendar system), EDEN or similar enterprise database, GIS
programs, and work order management systems.
Keywords: Town of Palm Beach, Miami , Public Works Project Coordinator, Other , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!