General Clerk III
Posted on: November 19, 2023
GENERAL CLERK III (ICE-FL-2023-19683):
Bowhead seeks a General Clerk III to provide Document Management
Support Services to the Office of Principal Legal Advisor (OPLA).
OPLA requires case management support and administrative services
for the execution of their broad and diverse mission of providing a
full range of legal counsel and services to all ICE offices and
programs. OPLA's responsibilities include representing the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in proceedings before the
Immigration Courts, representing DHS in appellate proceedings
before the Board of Immigration Appeals, and providing support and
direction to the Department of Justice, Office of Immigration
Litigation as well as to the U.S. Attorney's Offices nationwide.
The Chief Counsel's office handles confidential and high-level
This position is full time, benefits eligible at an hourly rate of
$18.15 plus H&W (Health and Welfare) rate per local wage
determination. The location is in Miami, FL.
The duties primarily include maintaining and organizing files, mail
management, scanning of documents, enter/upload data into PLAnet
(OPLA's electronic alien file repository), conducting research and
drafting documents. General Clerk III follows detailed procedures
in performing repetitive tasks in the same sequence. Other general
clerical duties include:
- Mail Management, including paper and electronic correspondence
- Receive, open date stamp, sort and distribute in-bound
- Interfile correspondence in case files
- Shelve/re-shelve files as appropriate
- Utilize the RAILS automated file system to locate files and for
internal and external file transfers
- Assist with Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
- Per local office procedures, route or file materials that
concern legal or specialized matters (e.g., briefs, correspondence,
- Comply with ICE and NARA (National Archives and Records
Administration) General Records Schedule document retention
standardization policy and procedures
- Enter/upload data into PLAnet (OPLA's electronic alien file
repository), including but not limited to the recording of receipt
of motions, notices of appeal, briefing schedules, court decisions
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an administrative office
- Extensive computer/PC knowledge required including; spreadsheet
software, word processing software and knowledge of MS Office
- Must be able to successfully pass a federal background
investigation* and pre-employment drug screen. * Federal background
investigation includes, but is not limited to, citizenship status,
residency information, work experience, education, credit history,
criminal record check, and fingerprints.
--- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
--- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of
--- Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security
clearance at the DHS ICE T2 level.
Keywords: Bowhead, Miami , General Clerk III, Other , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!