Company: Geosyntec Consultants
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Looking for a place to grow your career, where you can support
industry recognized professionals who are solving tough
environmental problems? We have a full-time opportunity available
for a Procurement Specialist in our Boca Raton, Florida office. You
will provide support to the Corporate Accounting team, assist in
the procurement and invoice process, the implementation of policies
in support of the company's operations, and will aid in the
development and maintenance of a DCMA compliant Purchasing System.
If you are dependable, flexible, able to deal with a variety of
requests, can adapt to changing workloads and priorities, and
possess extremely strong organizational and customer service
skills, then Geosyntec is the place for you!
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most
challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources,
and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms
for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its
technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client
service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional
goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position
* Manage responses to internal and external stakeholder inquiries
regarding invoicing and purchasing process and other special
* Assist in maintaining Supplier Data and Purchasing Records in
company database to ensure that information required for payment is
maintained. Carry out troubleshooting with suppliers and internal
* Evaluate completeness and accuracy of invoices submitted for
payment (including discrepancy identification, determination and
implementation or corrective action to resolve errors of self and
others involving invoice submittal.
* Work collaboratively to consistently improve both purchasing and
invoice submittal processes to ensure that workflow is efficient
and user friendly.
* Assist in the preparation and provide guidance on professional
and technical service subcontracts and purchase orders to ensure
compliance with client requirements and the Company's procurement
and accounting policies in coordination with the Legal department
and project team.
* Coordinate and assist with the preparation of file documentation
required by Company and federal requirements (i.e. review of
Insurance Certificates, W9 review, Tax Identification to IRS
* Work closely with project teams to ensure compliance with company
and client requirements. Support the resolution of questions,
issues, and problems from internal and external sources in the
internally developed Supplier Registration Portal.
* Review and analyze Client Contract information to aid in the
collection of specific data elements to support preparation of
Contractor Purchasing System Risk assessment and other data
* Support the development of guidance and training documentation in
all aspects of the procurement process.
* Coordinate with Accounts Payable on invoicing and related matters
to help resolve problems with supplier invoice and payment
* Act as a resource to the project and corporate staff members to
provide guidance and assistance in the processing and execution of
* Assist in the completion of client supplier registration
* Provide research support and data gathering activities to support
internal and external audits.
* Travel to other Geosyntec offices or other business travel as
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in a business field and at least one
year of professional work experience in an administrative capacity;
or Associate degree (AA) degree and at least three years of
professional work experience in an administrative capacity; or
equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
* Training and/or experience in Federal Acquisition Regulations and
General Service Administration Contracts. (preferred)
* Experience with automated purchasing systems or Enterprise
Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as SAP, Oracle, BST, Deltek,
Cospoint or similar. (preferred)
* Proficiency in the use of office equipment and the most recent
release of the Microsoft Office suite of software, particularly
* Experience with Microsoft SharePoint or similar content
management systems. (required)
* Proven track record in a position requiring attention to detail,
strong interpersonal skills, independent judgment, an understanding
of larger picture, and critical thinking and problem-solving
skills. (preferred). Proven ability to work with a wide variety of
personality types and adjust communications and work styles as
* Valid U.S. driver's license and satisfactory driving record for
business travel. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people
in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills,
communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the
passion for excellence and quality.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for
an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding
assignments, and a place that has been nationally recognized for
its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business
success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn
more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits
package. Learn more by visiting
REQ NO: PROCU02138
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Keywords: Geosyntec Consultants, Miami , Procurement Specialist, Other , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!