Company: St Mary Towers Inc
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Summary & Objective The Maintenance Technician is responsible
for the general appearance and maintenance of the physical
property. Assist the Maintenance Superintendent to assure that the
facility is maintained in a safe and comfortable manner. Essential
- Follows assignments detailed and outlined by Maintenance
Superintendent which engage in repair, general maintenance and
preventive maintenance of the facility.
- Responds to work orders requested by residents via Property
- Changes air conditioner filters in all apartments and the
public areas every three (3) months or as often as needed.
- Performs light electrical repairs on items such as appliances,
switches, outlets, circuits, etc.
- Performs light plumbing work, such as clearing stoppages,
replacing fittings, etc.
- Replaces broken classes, tiles, screens, fixtures, and
- Performs carpentry work such as fitting doors, replacing and
building shelves, etc.
- Repairs concrete, masonry, roof, fencing, and windows as
- Participates in the refurbishing of apartments prior to new
- Keeps accurate records regarding preventive maintenance.
- Opens apartments for extermination.
- Performs routine inspections of facilities and grounds noting
defects, sanitation problem and safety hazards and takes corrective
- Participates in standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend
and holiday coverage to ensure that help is available in the event
of any emergency maintenance problem.
- Assures that work areas are clean and equipment, supplies,
etc., are properly stored before leaving such areas on breaks, end
of work day, etc., keeping them free of hazardous conditions.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Assists manager with annual inspections, noting any alterations
to apartments and doing the work, which is identified during
- Maintains and prepares a variety of inventory and work
assignment records. Initiates requests for needed supplies and
equipment to accomplish assigned tasks and maintains records of
time and materials utilized.
- Assures that maintenance supplies have been replenished in work
areas as necessary.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and
- Provide other duties of other team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibility
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull
up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for
extended periods of time, etc. Disclaimer The job description is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change
or be assigned at any time. EEOC Statement CHS provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PM19Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 1-3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge of construction or maintenance and repair of
buildings, grounds and equipment, including experience performing a
variety of semi-skilled facility maintenance, construction and
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in grounds
- Knowledge of occupational safety rules and regulations.
- Must possess a valid State of Florida Driver's License.
- Must have knowledge of computer office software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
Keywords: St Mary Towers Inc, Miami , TECHNICIAN, MAINTENANCE, Professions , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!