Construction Project Manager
Company: By His Grace Construction
Location: Opa Locka
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Construction Project Manager
Key role in construction of commercial/residential project(s)
including but not limited to involvement in design stages,
construction management and turn over.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
-- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with the client,
and act as a direct liaison with the client from project start-up
-- Provide solid management, leadership, and direction to the
-- Coordination and work with building dept and
-- Work closely with the Project Superintendent to develop a
project schedule that meets both the objectives of the client and
-- Secure materials, suppliers, and subcontractors (issuance of
purchase orders and contracts)
-- Ensure pre-planning efforts are being conducted
-- Assist with estimating and marketing efforts
-- Maintain interdepartmental relationships
-- Contribute/ assist in process/meeting/agenda to develop project
-- Through analysis of budget/estimate to identify possible
Project Ad ministration:
-- Provide accounting staff with a schedule of values at the
beginning of each project
-- Monitor expenses and track job profitability through job costs
and budget analysis; labor, materials, and equipment;
contract/subcontract administration, back charges and claims on a
-- Ability to review, document and confirm all applicable scopes in
-- Generate and/or review and distribute owner billings and owner
-- Be able to report monthly job cost/ margin analysis to project
team and owners
-- Review subcontractor progress payments; route to accounting for
payment in a timely manner.
-- Maintain an active role in matters of Risk Management.
-- Preparation and execution of subcontractor contracts, change
orders, and POs.
-- Maintain documentation of weather delays and time extensions
based upon site conditions and weather reports.
-- Review FF&E (furniture/fixture/equipment) and finish items
with owner prior to purchasing.
-- Obtain approvals for all soils, concrete and structural
submittals/shop drawings, and distribute as required.
-- Monitor quality control on all projects.
-- Participate in departmental/subcontractor/client meetings to
ensure compliance with project schedules and provide updated
project progress reports.
-- Conduct weekly project meetings as required. Insure maximum
financial results are being attained on all jobs
-- Maintain positive and productive communication and relationship
with owner or owner representative
-- Manage full scope projects including but not limited to civil,
structural, MEP, finishes, as well as all associated site work.
-- Coordinate with project team and subcontractors to expedite
-- Inspect assigned projects with the owner, design team and
project team members to formulate a punch list prior to project
-- Ensure Project Superintendent executes a timely completion of
all punch list
-- Receive/review complete set of all current project field records
(i.e. as-builts, log books, testing/inspection reports)
-- Review completed as-builts and owner manuals; turn over/review
-- Participate in project team performance evaluation; design
completeness and accuracy, budget, buyout confirmation,
superintendent performance, construction performance.
The PM must have a thorough understanding of construction related
spreadsheets/scheduling, and job costing software programs (ex.
Foundation, Procore) including working knowledge of Microsoft
Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, as well as Project or
Education and Experience :
Degree in construction/ related field and/or field experience.
A fundamental knowledge of contract law and project accounting is
This position is management level and requires a minimum of five
years of relevant supervisory and managerial experience.
Spanish knowledge is a plus.
- Complete construction projects by directing construction
- Develop project budget and track project costs
- Prepare project status reports and develop project budget
estimates and project schedules
- Manage project planning and project financial management for
- Understand the complete project estimate
- Developing project cost estimates and schedules
- Affect project cost or schedule
- Prepare construction projects by verifying estimates, project
drawings, and specifications
- Manage construction projects or assist senior management on
- Facilitate project governance and maintain project-management
- Establish project budget and cost
- Serve as technical reviewer, project manager or project
engineer on complex projects
- Support commercial and business development with pipeline
design and construction projects, including estimating
- Oversee and direct projects for construction
- Execute the project according to the project plans
- Oversee a construction project from start to finish
- Develop and manage project schedules
- Lead, manage and have accountability for electrical
construction projects from the completed bid stage to job
- Run electrical construction projects from bid stage to
- Performing various stages of project management on multiple
- Spanish knowledge is a big plus
Keywords: By His Grace Construction, Miami , Construction Project Manager, Professions , Opa Locka, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!