Company: GFA International
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Universal Engineering Sciences (UES), a nationwide leader in
Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and
Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational
Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, has an opening for a
For nearly six decades, UES has provided essential engineering
services and has contributed to the success of some of the most
prominent and significant projects in the United States.
Experienced and proven, UES is considered a pioneer of the industry
and stands at the forefront of emerging technology, best practices,
and groundbreaking solutions, to attract the best talent and foster
enriching opportunities for career growth. Our work includes both
public and private clients and consists of projects ranging from
transportation and healthcare to commercial and education. Our
engineers, geologists, certified inspectors, and scientists offer
an unwavering commitment to excellence, approaching each project as
an opportunity to cultivate enduring relationships with our
Built on experience and driven by a determination to see our
clients through to success, UES remains focused, optimistic, and
grounded in excellence.
UES is thrilled to be named the #1 fastest growing AEC firm by the
Zweig Group. The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list honors the
fastest-growing firms in the architecture, engineering, planning,
environmental, and construction (AEC) industry. For the first time
in four years, a new firm, UES, took the number one spot on the
2021 list! Firms are ranked based on three-year growth in revenue,
by both percentage and dollar growth.
Why Work at UES?
* Our family atmosphere promotes a small company feel, even as we
continue to grow and expand our regional and national
* Health Plans - UES employees can choose from three different
health plan options including our flagship Health Savings Account
(HSA) plan with low premiums and company matching funds deposited
directly into your own Health Savings Account!
* Our dental and vision plans offer both in and out of network
benefits, giving you the choice to stay with a favorite dentist,
orthodontist, or optometrist.
* 401k - Save for retirement with Empower and get a company
matching contribution of 50% on the first 6% of compensation, up to
$2,000 maximum match.
* There's plenty of time off too! UES employees accrue generous
amounts of Paid Time Off (PTO), and Paid Holidays!
Construction Materials Testing & Inspections:
UES offers a broad range of materials and lab testing for a variety
of projects, from complex roadway construction to single-family
residential communities. Our precise testing and quality control
offerings successfully guide our clients through stringent project
specifications, difficult construction schedules, and complex
government regulations with ease. We understand that the most
sophisticated technology is wasted without an excellent team
trained to maximize its use. That's why every member of our testing
team offers expertise in sampling techniques, testing procedures,
verification procedures, and the application of various building
materials. Together with our ground-breaking technology, our
testing services remain unmatched.
As a Dispatcher/Admin Assistant, you will be responsible for the
day-to-day job assignment of field engineering technicians. The
person needs to be reliable (responsibilities, tardiness, etc.) and
have a good work ethic. They need to be able to cooperate with
co-workers and clients and they also should be able to listen,
understand and follow instructions. They must show respect for
Your day as a Dispatcher/Admin Assistant at UES will be both
challenging and rewarding. During which, you have the opportunity
to create lasting relationships with your team members. On a
typical day, you can be expected to:
* Communicates with client representatives for job assignments
using professional phone and email etiquette.
* Documents conversations with client and prepares work orders.
* Coordinates job assignments in relation to technician locations
to maximize production and minimize vehicle travel time and fuel
usage utilings online dispatching software.
* Coordinate and manage the schedule of all field technicians
* Documents technician's Paid Time Off (PTO) usage
* Coordinates laboratory sample retrieval (concrete cylinders, soil
samples) and notifies the laboratory supervisor of pending
* Builds and maintains "team spirit" among the field
* Maintains close communication with Assistant Dept. Manager and
Field Services Supervisor and respond to problems in the field
* Maintains log of Nuclear Device check in and out, distributes
dosimeter badges to technicians
* Communications with the Administrative Assistant assigned to
project set up information
* Assist, when necessary, the Productivity Project Manager with
work orders and technician paperwork issues.
* For those clients requiring Purchase Orders, obtains and
organizes all purchase orders before scheduling a technician to
* Follows safety procedures.
* Other duties may be assigned
* One to three years related dispatching experience and/or
* Valid Driver's License
* Knowledge of field and laboratory procedures.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Prior Logistics/Scheduling preferred.
Check out our website: https://universalengineering.com/
Follow us on social media: LinkedIn - Facebook - Instagram -
Twitter - YouTube
Universal Engineering Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
a Drugfree Workplace.
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a
Drug-Free Workplace.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
Keywords: GFA International, Miami , Dispatcher, Professions , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!