Benefits and Compensation Analyst
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Position Summary: The Benefits and Compensation Analyst under
general supervision of the Benefits Manager is responsible for the
daily interpretation and administration of the Company's benefits
and company-sponsored programs in regard to plan options, policy
features, enrollment, and other requirements. S/he also supports
compensation activities like market research, compensation analysis
and salary surveys.Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Administers employee benefits such as medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, disability, vacation, sick, worker compensation,
leave of absence and retirement plans.
- Consults with and counsels employees on eligibility for
insurance, and other benefits, amounts of coverage and claims
- Partners with management on all communications with
- Conducts orientation programs on benefits as needed.
- Monitors and prepares changes and updates to all benefits
- Ensures company compliance with federal and state laws.
- Maintains benefits records and prepares documents necessary for
implementing benefit coverage.
- Interprets benefit policies, reviews claims and ensures all
required forms and legal documents are supplied.
- Coordinates with carriers and providers in monitoring claims
and billings for employees and assists employees with appropriate
- Researches and prepares reports for management on benefits
issues as assigned.
- Prepares benefits communications as needed. Works with
management on dissemination of communication and changes.
- Participates in surveys and other benchmarking activities to
assess programs and solutions as assigned; and assists in
procurement and evaluation of bids for services or benefit and
- Oversees timely and accurate processing of all terminations,
court ordered health support orders, benefit verifications,
qualified status changes and leaves of absence
- Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws
pertaining to benefits, and reports necessary or suggested changes
to management. Coordinates company benefits, with government
- Develops benefit information and statistical and census data
for actuaries, insurance carriers, and management.
- Handles benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick,
equitable, courteous resolution. Works with HR Managers to ensure
inquiries are handled promptly and efficiently.
- Maintains benefits records, to include enrollment documents,
claims records and subpoenas for all benefit plans.
- Explains workers compensation and governmental rules,
regulations, and procedures, and need for compliance.
- Participates in audit requirements through development and
generation of requested reports.
- Bill reconciliation for health insurance.
- Performs salary benchmark salary analysis and other
compensation analysis as requested.
- Prepares compensation reports as instructed by management.
- Performs required research to ensure competitive compensation
structures are in place.
- Other duties as assigned. Skills/Knowledge:
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations,
filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending
affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA,
ADA, SECTION 125, Workers Compensation, Medicare, Social Security
and DOL requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and meet deadlines while
maintaining a high level of quality and confidentiality.
- Displays strategic thinking and good judgment when faced with
complex or difficult situations and decisions.
- Advanced Microsoft Suite computer skills required. (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) Education/Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or
an equivalent combination of education and job-related
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience in a benefits analyst
or administrator role is required. Competencies: To perform the job
successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
- Business Acumen - Employs analytical, critical thinking, and
problem solving skills; plans and efficiently organizes work,
appropriately seeks, manages, integrates and interprets data. Able
to prioritize work and make sound decisions using available data.
Exercises good judgment and is committed to excellence and
- Collaboration & Customer Relationships - Understands the value
of diverse talents and perspectives and encourages diversity of
thought and ideas. Is always professional when dealing with
internal and external customers. Works through differences and
finds a productive common ground with others to achieve mutually
beneficial results. Has a strong sense of customer service.
- Functional Expertise - Achieves success through a comprehensive
knowledge of industry and business as it relates to position.
Applies creative solutions resulting in internal and external
customer satisfaction. Demonstrates initiative and is accountable
for own actions and decisions.
- Communication Skills - Has good verbal and written skills; is
effective when communicating with peers and superiors as well as
with customers and others outside the company. Expresses opinions
and ideas concisely. Encourages two-way communication. Supervisory
Responsibilities: None Work Environment: General office
environment. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are
no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with
standard office equipment available. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. Travel Requirements: Negligible
required. Physical Requirements: Work is generally sedentary in
nature, exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift,
carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Walking and standing
may be required, up to 15% of the time. To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.The essential duties and responsibilities listed in this
job description are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains
the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this
job at any time for any reason, including reasonable
Keywords: Benihana, Miami , Benefits and Compensation Analyst, Professions , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!