Inventory Accounting Analyst, Temp
Company: Starboard Cruise Services
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Scheduling and processing of physical inventories,
reconciliation and analysis of physical inventory results, prepare
report on the inventory results and reasons for shortages and/or
overages. - Partnering with other departments to ensure full
compliance with company policies as well as responsible for
preparing and analyzing monthly journal entries and GL balances
related to Inventory and Reserves accounts.
What you'll be doing:
List in order of importance
% of time
Physical Inventory Counts
- - - - - - - Organize and manage ships physical inventories
including scheduling the inventories, setting up the inventories,
distributing results of ships physical inventories.
- - - - - - - Perform detail analysis into possible causes of
shrinkage and finalization of the ships inventories, make
recommendations based on results of analysis. -
- - - - - - - Attend physical inventories onboard ships, as needed,
to ensure full compliance with policy and procedures and to assist
- - - - - - - Analyze, interpret and develop monthly inventory
activity reports to include ship deliveries, transfers, RTV and any
other transactions impacting the ships inventory balances.
- - - - - - - Review ship reports and analyze activity to ensure
that all transactions are in line with expectations.
Consignment Vendor Reconciliations
- - - - - - - Manage consignment vendor inventory reconciliations,
identify discrepancies and ensure inventory and payable balances
are correct in the GL
- - - - - - - Accounting Close
- - - - - - - Prepare and book assigned monthly journal entries
related to shrink and inventory reserves
- - - - - - - Follow by Performing Account Reconciliations for
assigned accounts and support to General Ledger
- - - - - - - Responsible for internal and external audit
requirements related to inventory and inventory shrink.
- - - - - - - Ensure compliance with internal control guidelines
related to inventory, if applicable.
- - - - - - - Complete ADHOC financial analysis related to
inventory as requested, and partner with other departments to
implement new policies and educate everyone on the company's
policies and procedures as it pertains to Inventory.
What we're looking for:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required for Success:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office(Specially MS Excel)
- Ability to work at fast pace, processing large volume if
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a diverse, collaborative, team-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or 2 years equivalent
Preferred Education & Experience: Some Inventory Management
Position Type/Expected Hours of WorkSome flexibility in hours is
permitted, employee must be available during the "core" work hours
of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday and must work 30 hours
each week to maintain full-time status. - Occasional evening and
weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel Requirements - select sentence that is appropriate for
10% or less travel required
Office environment with frequent sitting, walking and standing,
occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and balancing.
Frequent use of eye, hand and finger coordination enabling use of
office machinery. This position requires the ability to
occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Oral and auditory enabling interpersonal communication as well as
communication automated devise such as the telephone.
Keywords: Starboard Cruise Services, Miami , Inventory Accounting Analyst, Temp, Professions , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!