Construction Purchasing Agent
Company: Florida Construction Connection
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionTitle: Construction Purchasing Agent (Miami,FL)
Description:Performs and coordinates administrative, technical, and
professional work related to ensuring that the company and its
business units are supplied with the materials, equipment, and
services required to function optimally, including ensuring
compliance with the corporate guidelines, policies, and approved
- Bilingual: Proficient in English and Spanish.
- Verify purchase requests to be aligned with plans,
specification sheets, and within budget.
- Obtain and review competitive bids, quotes, and proposals from
qualified vendors and contractors.
- Assist with the negotiation of pricing and terms for
- Assist with the review invoices for recurring services.
- Assist with the research of alternate qualified vendors and
- Maintain the vendor pool insuring all information is up to date
and vendors maintain qualification.
- Four-year Degree Required with a basis in engineering,
architectural or equivalent building construction experience and
summer internship/co-op experience in construction is highly
- Initiate approved purchase orders requested by the company and
its business units, providing all supporting documentation.
- Assist with the reporting of expenditures via Yardi, Procore,
and Quick Books.
- Maintain online and hard copy files organized and up to
- Maintain product samples and hardware showroom, as well as
- Serve as Procurement liaison to jobsite construction team and
logistics warehouse team.
- Procurement experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Well Organized
- Ability to solve problems, determine appropriate actions and
complete projects with minimal direction.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and thrive under a
- Customer service oriented
- Construction experience is required.Responsibilities:
- Purchasing Agent is required to observe and uphold the
Company's Constitution while under employment with the
- Have knowledge of general contract, subcontract documents,
drawings and specifications also desirable.
- Purchasing Agent must have good interpersonal and teamwork
skills, desire to learn, ability to communicate well both verbally
and in writing.
- Purchasing Agent should be proficient with computer
applications as required to perform responsibilities.
Keywords: Florida Construction Connection, Miami , Construction Purchasing Agent, Professions , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!