Summer Camp Site Supervisor
Company: YMCA of South Florida
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The YMCA of South Florida's South Dade YMCA Family Center is
looking for experienced supervisors to join our Summer Camp Team as
a Summer Camp Supervisor. Under the direction of the Program
Director or Branch Leadership, the Family Services Supervisor is
responsible for the overall operations and program management of
their program site. This includes Kids Zone, Club Y, Summer Camp,
participant and parent relationships, organizing and administering
files and records necessary for the program, supervision of staff,
creation of program activities, collecting fees, and keeping track
of supplies. In addition, the individual in this position is
responsible for ensuring that the program adheres to the YMCA of
South Florida's Risk Management policies and procedures. -Essential
- Supervises staff in the planning, supervision and
implementation of activities for their assigned group of children
in accordance to both age and developmentally appropriate practices
as outlined by licensing agency, State of Florida and the YMCA of
South Florida mission and YMCA Child Care Personnel Policies.
- Ensures compliance with requirements; including staffing
appropriately and monitoring day-to-day operations, activities,
curriculum planning, programming implementation, and to ensure use
of mandatory curricula. Ensure that staff plan/implement
well-organized and well-varied activities based on the mandated
- Oversees collection of fees as appropriate and keep all fees
collected up to date.
- Creates a positive atmosphere, which boosts self-esteem and
general self-concept of all participants.
- Communicates clearly and regularly with parents about the
program and their child's participation.
- Informs parents when there is a behavior problem that cannot be
addressed adequately through verbal correction.
- Partners with facility personnel to ensure cohesive
relationship is maintained and facility is used properly.
- Monitors equipment and facilities for safety and security
- Works with the Program Director to ensure that all standards
required and the YMCA are complied with fully. Maintain close
communication with Program Director of all issues concerning the
- Maintains accurate participant records (attendance, financial,
and sign in and out records) as required by regulatory agencies
and/or YMCA policies. This includes following up daily on absent
- Upholds all YMCA policies and Risk Management / Safety
procedures which require reporting all incidents and accidents
within 24 hours to the Program Director/corporate office.
- Communicates all programmatic issues and information
immediately to the supervisor.
- Documents behavior issues and/or incidents daily, as
- Ensures that the proper staff-to-child ratios are maintained at
all times and reports discrepancies to the Director, as
- Oversees staff by providing training, direction, and evaluating
performance. This includes facilitating regular (minimum of
biweekly) meetings to enhance program quality.
- Other duties as assigned.Position Profile:
- Has a passion and enjoys working with children.
- Ability to stay calm during stressful situations.
- High level of patience.
- Has the creativity and flexibility to make every day a positive
experience for camp participants.
- Enjoys working with children.
- Strong leadership kills.Job Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED and preferably one of the
following educational requirements:
- Post-secondary level vocational certificate in child care
through the State of Florida - level vocational certificate in
child care through State of Florida - Department of Education.
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Associates Degree or higher from an accredited
college/university in appropriate area; as documented by
transcripts and/or degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years' work experience in a child care/day
camp facility which includes direct contact with children and
supervision of staff.
- Ability to relate to both children and adults; understand,
practice, and model YMCA Character Development values of Caring,
Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- The Supervisor of a licensed child care facility must be at
least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of hire.
- Must excel in both written and verbal communication.Upon hire,
the Supervisor must have completed and hold certificates in:
- First Aid and CPR certification (must be obtained within 30
days of hire)Special Needs Department Experience Requirement
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience including one (1) year
experience of direct contact.As a condition of employment, you will
be required to submit to and satisfactorily clear a thorough Level
II fingerprinting background screening and drug test.As a Drug-Free
Workplace, all new hires must successfully complete a urinalysis
within 72 hours of notice. Failure to complete the drug test within
this timeframe will automatically disqualify you from employment.
Please note Medical Marijuana cards do not exempt you from
successfully passing your drug test.The YMCA of South Florida is
committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting
discrimination in the workplace because of race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age or
Keywords: YMCA of South Florida, Miami , Summer Camp Site Supervisor, Professions , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!