Trauma Registry Data Analyst (Full Time, Day shift)
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Trauma Registry Data Analyst (Full Time, Day shift)By becoming a
nurse at Nicklaus Children's, you will be responsible for the
planning and delivery of patient and family centered care that
meets the quality of standards at our Magnet designated hospital.
We are looking for a nurse to provide compassion and knowledge
every day.What makes a successful Nurse at Nicklaus Children's
Hospital? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you
have the right mix.
- We are there through all stages of health and life, both
physically and mentally.
- We believe in inspiring hope and promoting lifelong
- We are a trusted partner to children and their families, not
only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey.
- We are guided by the CREATE (collaboration, responsibility,
empowerment, advocacy, transformation, empathy) values and
behaviors.I was initially drawn in by the friendly people at
Nicklaus Children's where my co-workers quickly became my work
family. Beyond that, the endless year-round outdoor experiences -
from kayaking to adventuring in national parks - really helped make
moving to Miami a great experience.Part-time and full-time
employees receive the same benefits package.Continuing
EducationEncouraging and assisting with online and physical
courseworkProfessional DevelopmentCourse assistance, opportunities
for teaching community education and moreTuition
ReimbursementOptions included for professional degree, leadership,
technical courses and certificate training programsCompensation &
Success Sharing ProgramsNursing Step Program - Magnet Clinical
Ladder Job ID 24268 Date posted 02/04/2023 Description Job
Works as part of the Trauma Service to achieve high quality,
cost-effective health care throughout Nicklaus Children's Hospital.
Works closely with other departments to maintain the licensing
requirements for the organization and facilitates the performance
improvement process by providing accurate and timely data.
Job Specific Duties
- Abstracts required information into the Trauma Registry and
coordinates the reporting of data to the Florida Department of
Health Trauma Registry as set forth in the Florida Trauma
- Facilitates and manages the process for identifying trauma
patients in the hospital data system utilizing Cerner reports.
- Identifies issues related to performance improvement and
identifies trends. Prepares data reports for Trauma Committee,
M&M and trauma site visits.
- Ensures accurate and error free data reporting to the Florida
Department of health at least quarterly.
- Ensures accurate and error free data reporting to NTDB
quarterly during the call for data.
- Demonstrates knowledge of procedures necessary for developing
and maintaining the trauma registry database. Performs or
coordinates regular upgrades as recommended by the vendor to ensure
proper database functioning.
- Adheres to the internal controls established to maintain
patient confidentiality at all times, ensures that public use data
is de-identified prior to release and Nicklaus Children's Hospital
research data is adequately protected.
- Uses statistical techniques and knowledge in the representation
- Conducts special projects and assignments at the direction of
the Trauma Director, PI Nurse or Trauma Medical Director.
- Ensures data accuracy and completeness prior to release.
Qualifications Minimum Job Requirements
- OTHER CSTR - Certified Trauma Registry Spec (American Trauma
Society) maintains active and in good standing throughout
employment. within one (1) year of hire
- OTHER CAISS - Certified Abbreviated Injury Scaling Specialist
(Association for Advancement of Automotive Medicine) maintain
active and in good standing throughout employment. within one (1)
year of hire
- American Trauma Society Trauma Registry course within one (1)
year of hire
- Completion of Trauma Specific ICD-10 course
- Completion of Association for Advancement of Automotive
Medicine AIS course
- 2-4 years experience working in hospital trauma registry and
codingKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- EMT, Paramedic training or vocational nursing training program
- High school education or equivalent
- Preferred experience with Trauma One
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of basic data management practices, registry
maintenance and security procedures
- Working knowledge of basic statistics, and performance
improvement and patient safety principles
- Able to listen and communicate effectively, both verbally and
- Understanding of ICD9-CM and AIS/ISS scoring methods
- Able to take initiative in identifying problems that affect
quality, and independently problem-solve
- Able to interact cooperatively with a variety of people and
departments, and work in a team environment
Job : Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital -
Main Hospital Campus
Department : TRAUMA SERVICES-2100-679001
:Full Time Our History & MissionGet an idea of what your daily
routine can be like.Explore transportation, parks, caf--s, shopping
and beaches in this location.Stay connected with us! Sign up to
receive career information and alerts about brand new opportunities
at Nicklaus Children's Hospital.
Keywords: Nicklaushealth, Miami , Trauma Registry Data Analyst (Full Time, Day shift), Professions , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...