Trauma Registry Data Analyst (Full Time, Remote Day shift)
Company: Direct Jobs
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Description Job Summary Works as part of the Trauma Service to
achieve high quality, cost-effective health care throughout
Nicklaus Children's Hospital. Works closely with other departments
to maintain the licensing requirements for the organization and
facilitates the performance improvement process by providing
accurate and timely data. *** This position will be remote once
candidate completes training *** Job Specific Duties
- Abstracts required information into the Trauma Registry and
coordinates the reporting of data to the Florida Department of
Health Trauma Registry as set forth in the Florida Trauma
- Facilitates and manages the process for identifying trauma
patients in the hospital data system utilizing Cerner reports.
- Identifies issues related to performance improvement and
identifies trends. Prepares data reports for Trauma Committee,
M&M and trauma site visits.
- Ensures accurate and error free data reporting to the Florida
Department of health at least quarterly.
- Ensures accurate and error free data reporting to NTDB
quarterly during the call for data.
- Demonstrates knowledge of procedures necessary for developing
and maintaining the trauma registry database. Performs or
coordinates regular upgrades as recommended by the vendor to ensure
proper database functioning.
- Adheres to the internal controls established to maintain
patient confidentiality at all times, ensures that public use data
is de-identified prior to release and Nicklaus Children's Hospital
research data is adequately protected.
- Uses statistical techniques and knowledge in the representation
- Conducts special projects and assignments at the direction of
the Trauma Director, PI Nurse or Trauma Medical Director.
- Participates in the gathering of data for approved research
- Ensures data accuracy and completeness prior to release.
Qualifications Minimum Job Requirements
- CSTR - Certified Trauma Registry Spec (American Trauma Society)
required within one (1) year of hire - maintains active and in good
standing throughout employment
- CAISS - Certified Abbreviated Injury Scaling Specialist
(Association for Advancement of Automotive Medicine) required
within one (1) year of hire - maintain active and in good standing
- American Trauma Society Trauma Registry course within one (1)
year of hire
- Completion of Trauma Specific ICD-10 course
- Completion of Association for Advancement of Automotive
Medicine AIS course
- 2-4 years of Registry and Coding experience Knowledge, Skills,
- EMT, Paramedic training or vocational nursing training program
- High school education or equivalent
- Preferred experience with Trauma One
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of basic data management practices, registry
maintenance and security procedures
- Working knowledge of basic statistics, and performance
improvement and patient safety principles
- Able to listen and communicate effectively, both verbally and
- Understanding of ICD9-CM and AIS/ISS scoring methods
- Able to take initiative in identifying problems that affect
quality, and independently problem-solve
- Able to interact cooperatively with a variety of people and
departments, and work in a team environment Job : Professional
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital -
Main Hospital Campus Department : TRAUMA SERVICES-2100-679001 Job
Status :Full Time
Keywords: Direct Jobs, Miami , Trauma Registry Data Analyst (Full Time, Remote Day shift), Professions , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...