General Manager 28/9/2023 - 527304
Company: CEVA Logistics AG
Posted on: November 17, 2023
General Manager - Job reference 527304 - CEVA Logistics Share
this Job opportunity Dare to grow Job reference 527304 28/9/2023
General Manager Location Miami, Florida, United States of America
TeamContract Logistics Working HoursDay Job Apply now CEVA
Logistics provides global supply chain solutions to connect people,
products and providers all around the world. Present in 170
countries and with more than 110,000 employees spread over 1,300
sites, we are well on our way to achieving our vision: to be a Top
5 global 3PL.We believe that our employees are the key to our
success. We want to engage and empower our diverse, global team to
co-create value with our customers through our solutions in
contract logistics and air, ocean, ground, and finished vehicle
transport. That is why CEVA Logistics offers a dynamic and
exceptional work environment that fosters personal growth,
innovation, and continuous improvement.DARE TO GROW! Join CEVA
Logistics, and you will be part of a team that values imagination,
encourages boldness and exemplarity, and is committed to excellence
in everything we do. Join us in our mission to shape the future of
global logistics as we become a global leader in the logistics
industry. As we continue growing at a fast pace, will you "Dare to
Grow" with us? YOUR ROLE Accountable for managing all aspects of a
high-volume supply chain logistics operation to ensure consistent
high-level -service quality and customer satisfaction, -profitable,
cost-efficient -operations, and compliance with company policies
and procedures, ISO -standards, Sarbanes Oxley requirements, and
other regulatory guidelines. Models and acts in accordance with our
guiding principles and core values. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
- Lead, direct, and manage a high-volume logistics/supply chain
operation to ensure that the staff executes on delivering
consistent high-quality level service and customer satisfaction;
and achieves profitable, cost-efficient operations in compliance
with company policies and procedures, ISO standards, Sarbanes Oxley
requirements and other regulatory guidelines.
- Maximize profitability through superior customer service,
effective and prompt communication, and follow-up on all pending
- Ensure customer contract requirements are understood and
utilized to meet business expectations.
- Manage periodic process reviews for each client. -
- Utilize effective communication or negotiation skills,
employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or
escalated issues affecting the customer, staff, or senior
- Maintain performance statistics and ensure accurate
record-keeping of all operational documents.
- Plan and monitor daily staffing schedules -and adjust
accordingly -to ensure -adequate staffing -levels -that support
-operational demands and business objectives. -
- Work with senior management to develop a business plan and
goals for the department.
- Prepare and analyze management and financial reports, budgets,
expense reports, and forecasts for the department.
- Manage and oversee administrative functions to ensure all
paperwork is processed efficiently and in a timely manner and meets
all compliance requirements.
- Ensure directives, rules, and procedures are communicated to
all operations' staff.
- Ensure safety methods, practices, and programs are implemented
- Ensure that freight is moved safely and in a timely manner
utilizing appropriate equipment and tools.
- Maintain a clean, professional, and safe working environment by
inspecting and scheduling maintenance, and ensuring that all office
and warehouse equipment is properly accounted for and in safe
- Utilize superior communication skills to motivate staff and
develop effective working relationships with peers, executives, and
- Train and certify new employees on all performance
- Personally coach, train, and mentor direct reports and provide
career development opportunities through training and quality
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within the
- Address all employee performance problems promptly and directly
in accordance with CEVA personnel policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations
through formal or informal study, reading business and professional
publications, networking, and participation in professional
- Perform other duties as needed. WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Transportation,
Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field
- Minimum 9 years related experience in a management role with
progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Minimum 7 years of industry experience preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of supervisory or managerial experience
required. Languages and Communication Skills
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people
from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds. -
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from management, employees, and vendors. Computer Skills
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet,
web-based, and related job-specific software applications.
- In-depth experience with WMS and TMS applications preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of all company products and services.
- Highly experienced in the management of logistics
- Strong expertise and experience in inventory management and
- Knowledgeable of ISO guidelines, Sarbanes Oxley, and other
related government regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrated success in leading, managing, and developing staff
and high-performance teams.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of a department
(purchasing, budget preparations, and review, financial reporting
and monitoring expenses).
- Demonstrated leadership skills in influencing departments and
implementing and managing change.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Proficient in project management methodologies with a focus on
developing solution driven strategy plans to achieve goals,
implementing business requirements analysis and testing processes,
and identifying timeline constraints, and risks.
- Highly skilled in making customers and their needs a primary
focus of one's actions.
- Ability to develop and sustain productive relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the
ability to persuade, influence, negotiate, and make formal
presentations in meetings and training environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy and
- Demonstrated skills in organization group process, problem
identification and resolution. Travel Requirements: Travel may be
required at least 10% of the time in the domestic U.S. WHAT DO WE
HAVE TO OFFER? With a genuine culture of recognition, we want our
employees to grow, develop, and be part of our journey. We offer a
benefits package with a focus on your well-being. This includes
competitive Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance, and an
employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships
and a diverse range of retail, travel, car, and hospitality brands,
including important offerings like pet insurance. We are a team in
every sense, and we support each other and work collaboratively to
achieve our goals together. It is our goal that you will be
compensated for your hard work and commitment, so if you'd like to
work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then let's
work together to help you find your new role. ABOUT TOMORROW We
value your professional and personal growth. That's why we share
plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. Join
CEVA for a challenging career. As a global organization, and as
part of the CMA CGM Group, diversity is critical to our business
success; only when we can reflect the cultures, languages,
behaviors and local knowledge of our customers, we can succeed. By
employing people with different experiences and abilities, we
expand our knowledge and increase our creativity and innovation.
-Please note: Legitimate CEVA Logistics recruitment processes
include communication with candidates through recognized
professional networks, such as LinkedIn or via an official company
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend
that you do not respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or
offers from people with whom you are unfamiliar. Sign up for a job
alert Apply now Other jobs that may interest you Material Handler /
Operator I 29/9/2023 - 527713 Location Braselton, Georgia, United
States of America Team Contract Logistics Working Hours Variable
Supply Chain Operations Specialist II (Quality Auditor) 27/9/2023 -
527543 Location Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America Team
Contract Logistics Working Hours Day Job Material Handler /
Operator I - 2nd Shift 27/9/2023 - 527535 Location Memphis,
Tennessee, United States of America Team Contract Logistics Working
Hours Evening Job
Keywords: CEVA Logistics AG, Miami , General Manager 28/9/2023 - 527304, Professions , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!