Company: Disability Solutions
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Who we areFor more than 40 years, Covanta has been at the
forefront of sustainable materials management, providing companies
and communities world-class waste and resource solutions.Through
our diverse and scalable full-service capabilities, we're leading
the charge to a carbon-negative future-reducing, reusing, recycling
and reimagining waste for the benefit of both people and planet.Our
differentiator comes from our vast ecosystem of technology,
facilities, and partnerships, trusted by the world's largest
organizations to solve their most pressing environmental
challenges, and achieve their most ambitious environmental, social,
and governance (ESG) goals.All that we're missing is you. Join us
today!!Our values Diversity, inclusivity, engagement-these are the
values that help us foster a strong sense of community within
Covanta. By embracing the unique talents, perspectives, and
experiences of our employees, we cultivate an environment that
embraces teamwork, encourages open dialogue, and provides
opportunities for growth.Maintenance MechanicAre you a
self-motivated Maintenance Mechanic ready to grow your career? And
we do mean GROW. Our equipment is enormous! And so are the
opportunities we have at Covanta.Come join our team of long-term
employees, ready to share their knowledge and experience working on
a variety of large tools and machines such as: boilers, hydraulics,
chain driven and belt conveyors, steam systems, welding,
fabrication, a variety piping, rigging.Under general maintenance
supervision, the Maintenance Mechanic performs skilled mechanical
work in support of the overall facility operation and in
maintaining the operation of the power generation plant in
compliance with established production schedules and plant output
requirements.ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:Safety is number one! Has a
good safety record and demonstrates the ability to follow all
facility safety procedures and programs:
- Follows all safety procedures and regulations.
- Participate in safety programs, BBS, walkdowns, etc.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Is constantly alert to unsafe working conditions.
- Wear all required personal protective
- Dismantles, overhauls, reassembles, and adjusts, boilers,
pumps, valves, and all other auxiliary equipment.
- Uses cutting torch and welding equipment to fabricate
mechanical repairs, piping, and valve replacement.
- Performs integrity tests on piping and other plant
- Performs advanced fabrication activities on facility machinery
- Performs pipefitting runs with all types of tubing and
- Performs basic rigging techniques to lift and move a variety of
equipment, parts, structural components, and shapes.
- Performs advanced repairs on all types of conveyors and
conveyor components, remove and install taper locks, gearboxes,
bearings, and splice belts, high-pressure valves, and steam
- Completes work order corrective actions, logbooks as required
in a clear and legible manner, and ensures accuracy of time
reporting on all repair activities.Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED or 5 years proven mechanical experience
- Experience with welding, boilers, conveyors, condensers, or
extensive mechanical background
- Hydraulics - can install seals and rebuild cylinders and
- Oxy Acetylene - can cut and fabricate simple fabrications.
- Machining - can safely operate, hydraulic press, drill press,
band saw, and grinders.
- Coupling Alignment - can align couplings with dial
- Blueprints & Manuals - can interpret simple blueprints and
- Basic Math - can add and subtract fractions and
- Can meet the physical requirements of the position including
walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, working on grating, or
climbing for extended hours.
- Occasionally is exposed to outside heights as high as 225 feet
above ground level and frequently works off scaffolding and
- Can frequently lift and carry 50 lbs., and push/pull 100
- Frequently is exposed to extreme heat and adverse weather
conditions.Shifts: Works dayshift 10 hours, or longer as plant
condition requires. Will be scheduled on-call for nights and
weekends, approximately once every 8 weeks.What Covanta Offers You:
- Health Care Benefits - start 1st day of employment
- Wellness Program Incentives & Rewards
- 401k - match up to 7%
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holiday)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral BonusCovanta is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran
Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's
experience or skills.If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to
access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of
your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by
contacting us at email@example.com.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Miami , Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!