Company: White Cap
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Click APPLY BELOW!
A position at White Cap isn't your ordinary job. You'll work in an
exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have
a variety of career opportunities. The White Cap family is
committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being
deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our
associates are the driving force behind this commitment. Job
Summary Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading,
unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication,
counter and delivering product (when needed) to customers. This
position requires operation of a Company Vehicle greater than
10,001 GVW but less than 26,001 GBW and such operation may be done
during the course of the average work week. If selected for this
position, the company will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report
and a standard 5 panel drug test. A requirement of this position is
an acceptable MVR report and negative drug test results. Major
Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Completes tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking,
stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods. May be
required to carry heavy merchandise up and down stairs while using
body straps and/or furniture dolly for merchandise 50-300
- Checks items against purchase orders and packing slips and
reports shortages, damages, and other discrepancies.
- Files orders for delivery; places supplies and equipment in
- Operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete
- Drive company vehicles, on occasion to pick up incoming stock
or deliver materials to designated locations. Serve as an emergency
driver when needed for backup. (Non-CDL)
- Performs required inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward. Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications
- Valid license endorsement(s) for class of vehicle being
- Knowledge of warehouse procedures, requisitions, purchase
orders, invoices, and delivery documents.
- Strong grasp on customer service and problem solving. If you're
looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our
open opportunities. We can't wait to meet you. Functional Area
Logistics Recruiter Elkin, Cassie Req ID WCJR-016204 White Cap is
an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Qualified candidates, please click Apply below and complete all
steps that follow. It will take no more then 10 minutes on any
Keywords: White Cap, Miami , Driver Associate, Professions , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!