Quality Control Inspector- Aircraft Parts
Company: Owl Aerospace
Posted on: January 14, 2018
Job DescriptionTo perform the material handling and warehousing functions required in the receiving, quality control, processing, storing, moving, packing, and shipping of parts, materials, equipment and supplies at the Owl Aerospace parts distribution warehouse.PRINCIPAL DUTIES: Review of inbound shipments, verify traceability and documentation received Post parts into Pentagon Perform material handling operations, for example, inventory, shipping/receiving, inspection, and tooling, to ensure inventory control and accuracy Satisfy internal/external customer shipping deadlines Administer vendor and carrier contracts to ensure provision of agreed upon service(s) and/or product(s) Assist the team in resolving complex inventory discrepancies to determine root causes of inventory discrepancies and develop recommendations for corrective action Recommend new processes and guidelines in support of material handling operationsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Computer skills necessary to input and retrieve data for inventory management and tracking Minimum of 1 year aviation industry experience in inspecting aircraft parts and paperwork. Working knowledge of FAA, JAA, TC, and DOT regulations applicable to export shipments Working knowledge of services and routes provided by freight and shipping couriers Thorough knowledge of Repair Station System inventory processes Thorough knowledge of International, Federal, State, and local regulations pertaining to handling and shipping of hazardous material Thorough knowledge of cycle count, perpetual, and work-in-progress inventory audits Thorough knowledge of proper packaging for transporting parts and materialsMINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Typically 5+ years of experience in warehouse, stockroom, and/or material handling
- Minimum 1 year aviation industry experience in inspecting aircraft parts and paperwork
- Computer skills necessary to operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, inventory management, and web-based applications
- Planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize, assign, and coordinate workload of assigned area and employees within a multiple project setting
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals, departments, customers, vendors, and management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Able to lift up to 45lbs
- Speak, understand, and follow directions in English Company DescriptionAt Owl Aerospace, we recognize that our most important resource is our Human Resource. That is why we work hard at creating an environment where individuals look forward to coming to work every day. If you are seeking a position on a high performing team in a fun and friendly environment, Owl Aerospace is right for you. Founded in 1996, Owl Aerospace is a Florida Corporation committed to providing its customers with innovative solutions. Headquartered in Hollywood, Florida, which is strategically located between Miami International Airport and Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, Owl Aerospace is a leading provider of high quality engines, airframe spare parts and aviation services to domestic and international carriers as well as cargo and commuter airlines.
Keywords: Owl Aerospace, Miami, Quality Control Inspector- Aircraft Parts, Professions, Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!