Senior Consultant, Construction Solutions
Company: FTI Consulting
Posted on: July 13, 2018
About FTI Consulting :
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2016.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Forensic & Litigation Consulting :
The Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice at FTI Consulting provides multidisciplinary, independent dispute advisory, investigative, data acquisition/analysis and forensic accounting services to the global business and legal community. Our team supports clients facing high stakes litigation, arbitration and compliance investigations, and regulatory scrutiny.
The Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice helps clients, who are facing legal disputes, protect enterprise value by:
- Quantifying damages and providing expert testimony in a range of dispute situations: intellectual property, professional malpractice, lost profits, valuations, breach of contract, purchase price disagreements, business interruption, environmental claims, construction claims and fraud cases.
- Employing forensic accounting and complex modeling expertise to unravel complex financial transactions.
- Independently gathering and analyzing critical information.
- Offering industryleading electronic evidence services that identify, preserve and collect relevant, structured information and analyze complex data within enterprise systems.
About the Construction Solutions Practice:
FTI Consulting Construction Solutions is a leading global provider of commercial management, risk-based advisory, dispute resolution services and strategic communications counsel on complex projects across all construction and engineering industries. Our professionals are industry leaders who understand technical, business, regulatory and legal matters and are seasoned in providing project management services as well as expert testimony when a dispute is involved. They represent top talent across disciplines, including engineers, architects, accountants, quantity surveyors, planning and scheduling specialists, cost engineers, project managers and strategic communications professionals.
We offer advice on contractual, technical, commercial and management matters, including:
- The development and delivery of capital programs
- Investigation on entitlement and quantification of time and money claims
- Compliance, accounting and auditing support, and expert testimony
A senior consultant will be working as part of a team to assist clients through complex issues as related to the construction industry. Senior consultants will work under the direction of team leaders to complete specific tasks required to meet the client's needs. Services provided will include both project advisory support as well as dispute resolution related to large, complex construction projects.
When providing project advisory services, a senior consultant may be responsible for assisting with project controls, scheduling and/or cost management of large capital projects, including financial and construction project related analysis. A senior consultant may also be involved in the day-to-day activities of an ongoing project, including interaction with client personnel, other team members, contractors, design team and other professionals from other firms involved in the engagement. When providing dispute resolution services, they are also responsible for review and analyze contract claims, calculation of delay, extended performance and impact costs, and will likely be working with an engagement team to assist a client through negotiations, mediation, arbitration, or other legal proceedings.
Tasks may include:
- Organizing information to facilitate effective data access and analysis
- Maintaining detailed working paper records of reflecting assumptions, methodologies, and sources of information employed during the performance of all tasks
- Working to deliver a quality product within established timeframes
- Preparing draft written analyses and other reports for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope and/or results of activities
- Preparing presentations and quantitative exhibits for third parties to provide an update and/or present findings
Basic Senior Consultant Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, construction management, and/or related fields
- Previous full time (3-5 years) experience in the construction industry or a related profession
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), mathematical, and organizational skills
- Proficient knowledge of PC environment and related software including Microsoft applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
- Experience with scheduling software, including Primavera P3 and P6
- A flexible travel schedule with the ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Ability to produce high quality work product under strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a high-paced, multi-task environment with attention to detail
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Flexibility in handling assigned tasks and engagements due to deadline and task priority changes
- High level of interpersonal skills
- High level of quantitative and qualitative research and analytical skills
- Hard working, eager to learn and motivated to succeed
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
Position Classification: Exempt
Keywords: FTI Consulting, Miami, Senior Consultant, Construction Solutions, Professions, Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!