Company: NanoString Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Who We Are:NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading
provider of life science tools for discovery and translational
research. The company's nCounter-- Analysis System is used in life
sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800
peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a
cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of
genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously
with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of
basic research and translational medicine applications. The
company's GeoMx-- Digital Spatial Profiler enables
highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in
a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on
pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and
exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and
becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are
dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions
that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists
to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the
boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological
interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to
Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the
Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value:
Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our
Job Summary:The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is responsible
for driving consumable sales and serving as the initial point of
contact for pre-sales customer inquiries. S/he manages the sales
process for specific products lines, accounts and/or sales
opportunities via phone and e-mail. Responsibilities include
engaging with existing customers, generating new sales leads,
introducing customers to the NanoString products that best meet
their needs, coordinating with internal resources to address
customer questions/objections, providing pricing, creating and
submitting individualized quotes, negotiating and coordinating with
manufacturing to ensure delivery of products, and closing the sales
process through the point of order receipt. This individual works
closely with Regional Account Managers and Sales Development
Representatives to meet and exceed sales quotas for a specific
territory. This is a home-based sales role located in a specific
geography and requires minimal travel (10%); however, local travel
to nearby customers is highly encouraged.
- Drive strategic sales activities that result in consumable
revenue at new and existing accounts.
- Engage with existing customers and generate new sales
- Establish new customers in Academic and Biotech markets
- Maintain/grow consumable revenue at existing customer
- Support Regional Account Managers with lead generation,
customer follow-up, and developing/closing consumable
- Initial point of contact for pre-sales customer inquiries and
- Manage trade show leads and their respective
- Manage a consumables forecast and implement strategies to
address any gaps to plan.
- Establish and nurture positive, productive relationships with
customer accounts including product end-users, management and
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to drive product promotions
and provide feedback on ROI.
- Maintain a CRM database via updates to sales opportunities,
sales stages, marketing statuses, and customer intelligence
Qualifications and Requirements (Education, Experience, Specific
- Bachelor's degree in a science or technical field required.
Genetics, molecular biology, chemistry strongly preferred.
- S. degree in molecular biology or a related field a strong
- 2-4 years of successful sales experience with a technical life
science product preferred.
- Solid fundamental understanding of genetics.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly
technical concepts and articulate them well to others.
- Outstanding listening, verbal, presentation, and written
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate
effectively with a wide range of customer personality types.
Ability to work well with highly educated research scientist
- Strong ability to identify customer needs, obstacles to the
sales process, and solutions using NanoString products.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word,
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics or a similar CRM
database a plus.
- Strong business sense, instinct, and personal drive.
- Team goal oriented with a focus on achieving team sales
performance metrics through personal contribution and teamwork
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age,
marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not
pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have
a signed agreement with.
Keywords: NanoString Technologies, Inc., Miami , Sales Representative, Sales , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!