Environmental Sales Rep - REMOTE
Posted on: January 16, 2022
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and
certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark
for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS
operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around
Make an impact with SGS! Our Sales team makes a difference in the
lives of our customers, colleagues and community. SGS works to
ensure the health and safety of our environment and community as a
key partner in the cleanup of contaminated sites, ensuring we all
have safe drinking water and helping clients minimize their impact
on the environment.
Our team's goal is to provide above and beyond client service along
with industry leading technical expertise and our Sales & Business
Development team is an important part of that objective. If you're
looking for an exciting opportunity in an incredible work
environment with a team who is constantly looking for ways to
exceed the needs of our clients, then this could be the role for
We're looking for a motivated and energetic individual with
expertise in business development or client service and a passion
for solution-based selling.
This position is responsible for the sale of environmental
analytical services to existing and prospected customers, as well
as securing business opportunities to meet revenue targets.
Applying the sales process, the successful candidate will generate
revenue for SGS environmental laboratories.
A day in the life of an SGS Sales and Business Development
- Identify business leads with existing and potential customers
through continuous interaction across the Environmental
- Proactively seeks out, intelligently targets and initiates
contact with prospective customers to assess potential leads.
- Develops a network of industry contacts and continually
qualifies market conditions.
- Through active probing and listening, conduct discovery
sessions with qualified leads to identify client needs and
determine potential opportunities for the full scope of
- Assess client needs against capabilities of SGS.
- Work closely with prospects to develop a value proposition and
determine how SGS services will help them achieve their goals.
- Influence and promote the expansion or establishment of
business opportunities through partnering relationships with
potential customers and coordinated efforts with other SGS business
- Secure closure on all proposals to new and existing clients and
effectively hand over the contract to the Client Services
- Communicate sales process activities reports to update
businesses internally. Use of CRM with agreed upon KPI (Key
- Provide market intelligence to the Business Development Manager
and Operations Manager to assist in developing sales materials,
plans, budgets and forecasts.
- Present and represent SGS at tradeshows and technical seminars
to build SGS brand awareness and broaden the market and client
- Acts as the customer's advocate in interactions with the SGS
organization to ensure the customer obtains the best value from the
- Sets appropriate customer expectations on SGS product and
- Represents SGS professionally and ethically in the
- Continually develops personal selling skills, acquires industry
knowledge, broadens expertise in environmental service offerings
and applies them.
- Reports to the Business Development Manager, NAM Conventional
Labs, Environment, Health and Safety.
- 3 years' experience in the Environmental Industry,
- Degree or diploma in a relevant field is preferred; Chemistry,
Biology, Environmental science
- Technical sales, project management, or customer service
experience is essential for success in this role
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to build
strong customer relationships as well as work effectively and
- Excellent time management skills are an asset
- Solid critical thinking skills to anticipate and solve problems
in a systematic manner.
In the course of employment, you will be required to travel to
and/or work at a client site. The company requires employees to be
vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel commercially and
many clients require visitors performing work at their locations to
be vaccinated. Therefore, this role requires a candidate who is
fully vaccinated or will be prior to an anticipated start date. The
successful candidate will be required to provide proof of having
received a COVID-19 vaccination.
The company will provide a reasonable accommodation upon request
after an offer is extended.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire,
train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a
general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts
the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you
have difficulty completing the on-line employment application
because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance
and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note,
this phone number is not for general employment information, but is
only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a
position due to a disability.
Keywords: SGS, Miami , Environmental Sales Rep - REMOTE, Sales , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!