Manager, Business Development and Sales
Posted on: January 16, 2022
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and
certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark
for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS
operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around
Trade Facilitation Services (TFS) is looking for a Sales and
Business Development Manager to grow sales of existing services and
expand the overall service portfolio of the business.
TFS provides product verification and certification services to the
international trade community. We advise companies about the
technical requirements of specific export markets and certify
products that meet regulatory requirements of those markets.
Meeting the product requirements of a destination country involves
product testing, product inspection, facility audits, review of
product technical standards and product documentary reviews.
The benefits of our services are that we keep consumers safe, help
companies access overseas markets and we create trust between
buyers and sellers.
The Sales and Business Development Manager will lead a team of sale
representatives and drive product verification and certification
- Mentoring the Sales Team.
- Proactively implementing sales strategies and working closely
with management to execute sales objectives.
- Monitoring sales performance.
- Representing TFS externally.
- Collaborating with operations, marketing, and various global
Additionally, the Sales and Business Development Manager will be
responsible for leading the conceptualization of new services with
the support of TFS management team.
The Sales and Business Development Manager is expected to have a
clear understanding of the mechanics behind international trade
(best demonstrated by exposure to customs authorities, customs
brokers or freight forwarders in a previous professional position)
and should possess a network of contacts in the North American
international trade community. Furthermore, the Sales and Business
Development Manager is expected to have professional knowledge of
product conformity certification including product technical
standards, testing and inspection.
The role will require international and domestic travel.
- With the Business Manager, set sales and marketing strategies
to meet the companys sales target.
- Recruit, train and develop Sales Representatives and other
members of the Sales Team in line with agreed resource plans and
- Define and maintain effective sales procedures for lead
generation, follow up and closing of sales initiatives.
- Communicate sales targets and other management KPIs to
- Maintain effective sales performance reporting systems which
enable measurement of success.
- Conduct reviews with sales staff to ensure progress toward
targets and KPIs, and to understand training and development
- Define and monitor individual and group sales reward
- Analyze international trade data to support potential client
identification, areas of focus.
- Determine and attend suitable trade shows in North
- Set trade show sales objectives.
- Work with international SGS offices to ensure coordinated sales
- Monitor costs incurred in sales activities in line with budget,
track return on spend and implement best practices.
- Work with operations to communicate and establish effective
delivery in line with customer expectations.
- Track competitor activity.
- Proactively lead identification of new opportunities for
services that fit within the scope of TFS Services.
- Prepare market studies in collaboration with TFS management
team to assess new business opportunities.
- Build out new services in collaboration with TFS
- Report client complaints and work with management and
operational teams to resolution.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and
- Adhere to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree or 10 years sales experience relating to
- Sales Management experience (+3 years).
- Business Development experience in an international trade
environment (+3 years).
- Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office Suite, including
Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Must maintain adequate
knowledge of technology relating to the position.
In the course of employment, you will be required to travel to
and/or work at a client site. The company requires employees to be
vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel commercially and
many clients require visitors performing work at their locations to
be vaccinated. Therefore, this role requires a candidate who is
fully vaccinated or will be prior to an anticipated start date. The
successful candidate will be required to provide proof of having
received a COVID-19 vaccination.
The company will provide a reasonable accommodation upon request
after an offer is extended.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire,
train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a
general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts
the companys rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you
have difficulty completing the on-line employment application
because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance
and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note,
this phone number is not for general employment information, but is
only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a
position due to a disability.by Jobble
Keywords: Sgs, Miami , Manager, Business Development and Sales, Sales , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!