Sales Account Manager - (West Coast Desired, Remote Position)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who We Are
Cartegraph builds safer, more resilient, and more sustainable
communities through better stewardship of critical infrastructure.
We design, build, and sell powerful, intuitive software solutions
that help local government agencies, utilities, and educational
institutions manage their physical assets and associated
operations. With Cartegraph, users optimize the performance of
their assets, drive efficiencies, maximize resources, and reduce
costs through smarter, data-driven decisions.
Your Job Summary
As a Sales Account Manager, you will own the relationship with key
Cartegraph accounts. You will assist customers in the growth and
expansion of their use of Cartegraph software through continuous
selling and expansion into new departments. You will conduct
discovery sessions directly with existing clients to gather
business and technology requirements, present solutions onsite
and/or via WebEx.
Responsibilities include identifying and prospecting for customer
expansion opportunities, building positive customer relationships
and contributing to long-term customer satisfaction, and
consistently meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual
sales targets and territory objectives.
THE WORK YOU WILL DO
- Possess a passion for changing the way local government does
- Conducts discovery sessions directly with existing customers to
gather technology and business requirements.
- Works to develop and execute existing customer requirements and
strategic business needs and objectives, including qualifying
decision makers, budget, and implementation time frame.
- Inspires regional sales team to visualize success and work
collaboratively as a team toward targets set by management.
- Facilitate a safe work environment for creative thinking and
collaboration resulting in more team wins!
- Develops and maintains a consistent and accurate pipeline
- Develops and implements sales strategies, secures business
growth opportunities, and establishes a superior solution
- Demonstrates the Cartegraph software solution to prospective
clients in person or via the web.
- Manages the strategic relationship with clients & key
- Provides technical and solutions support (in collaboration with
Technical Team), which includes the full spectrum of the pre-sales
- Conducts ongoing marketing research to identify prospects and
target markets; takes market research to next level by creating a
knowledge database used in sales.
- Continuously updates and maintains CRM database.
- Manages all corporate expenditures related to business travel,
networking, and other business needs within parameters set by
- Protects the organization's value by keeping information
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
What You Bring
- Four-year degree and 5 years of sales experience required, OR
high school diploma/equivalent and at least 7 years of previous
sales experience required. Preferred experience is proven,
successful software sales experience with a solutions-oriented
approach, ideally in the technical or public works/municipal
government marketplace. Thorough understanding of the government
purchasing process is also preferred.
- Proven track record in all aspects of sales: territory
planning, client prospecting, deal management, sales closing, and
- Verifiable, above-target achievement over time.
- Energy, impeccable integrity and personable demeanor.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex business needs
and propose corresponding technology-based solutions.
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to
progressively probe, analyze, identify root causes of problems,
provide practical solutions, and negotiate resolutions.
- Ability to make independent business decisions considering both
the impact to client satisfaction and overall financial
ramifications for the Company.
- Ability to inspire confidence and work collaboratively with
customers, management and peers.
- Experience with managing and closing single-seat deals through
- Ability to identify and develop strategic relationships.
- Strong work ethic with outstanding time management skills.
- Proficiency with presenting and demonstrating technology
solutions to groups and individuals at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with automated office tools including
Salesforce, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, as well as web meeting
- Proven ability to act as a trade show/sales seminar
- At least 2 years of successful previous experience working
- Valid driver's license with proof of insurance required.
Ability to travel 50% or more of the time.
We tried to narrow it down to just 5 reasons to work here, but it
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an
established industry leader
- Collaborative work environment
- Options to grow your career with Cartegraph's Career Pathing
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and benefits
- 15 days of PTO in just your first year (whoa)
- Paid parental leave
- One week sabbatical every five years
- Paid holidays (plus a couple extra days)
- 401k plan with generous employer match
- Social events, coffee and snacks, foosball and more...
Learn more about working at Cartegraph and our Midwest-Nice
Cartegraph's Culture Video
In our efforts to recruit those who will elevate our success and
ensure a proper career fit, we invite you to complete the Culture
Index Survey. The survey contains two questions and should take no
more than 10-15 minutes. If you have questions, please contact
Cartegraph is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
employees and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. If you
are unable to complete our online employment application or require
an accommodation to do so, please call 563-587-3366 for
Keywords: Cartegraph, Miami , Sales Account Manager - (West Coast Desired, Remote Position), Sales , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!