District Sales Manager
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: November 25, 2022
US0032 Sysco Southeast Florida, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
The District Sales Manager (DSM) role requires exceptional
management of sale performance among Marketing Associates (MAs).
This position is responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing
the talent of their sales associates to achieve planned case growth
and gross profit (GP) growth within their district.
- Manages the performance and development of Marketing Associates
(MAs) within the district.
- Engages in one-on-one coaching and direction by conducting at
least 5 half-day MA work-with's a week.
- Effectively lead and facilitate Friday district meetings that
educate, motivate and ultimately produce key behavior changes to
- Lead and direct Customer Engagement efforts by enabling the
district MA to provide Sysco customers with expanded service
channel options (e.g. Sales Coordinator, Sysco Market, and Sysco
Mobile) - Requires deep knowledge of Sysco Market and Sysco
- Leverages the Director of Business Resources to maximize the
consultative time of the MA through effective usage of sales
support resources to grow profitable sales.
- Fully leverages Sysco 360 in the management of MA's sales
planning, prospecting, and daily customer engagement and expects
productive utilization of Sysco 360 among all MAs.
- Successfully delivers Sysco brand results and directly manages
CatMan conversion opportunities within the district.
- Supports and promotes all national campaigns and promotions
(e.g. - Quarterly promotions, Test drive).
- Accountable for providing coaching, training, and timely
feedback to drive sales associate development of consultative
selling skills of the sales associates (sales process).
- Fully utilizes the Congestion Management Process (CMP) to
manage the performance of all sales associates in the
- As noted in our Leadership Framework, solid performance
includes exhibiting Core Qualities, Shaping the Future, Delivering
Business Results, and Leading People.
- Per direction of the VP of Sales, fully leverages Territory
Planning data for all territory/customers changes or
- Precisely manages and engages critical/developing customer
accounts, and ensure proper management of all other accounts in the
- Per direction of the VP of Sales; implements changes to
programs or process; ensuring all sales associates achieve required
behavior changes and performance metrics within the district.
- Additional sales management responsibilities include, but are
not limited to, Account Receivable (AR) Management and Operational
- Directly manage the performance and duties of the sales
- High School education required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. business
administration) or equivalent educational level preferred.
- 2 or more years' experience successfully growing profitable
sales in the foodservice industry.
- 5+ years' foodservice sales experience in the foodservice
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a
variety of stakeholders.
- Can derive insights from others through probing questions and
- Superb organizational and project management skills, including
the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to use Sysco's proprietary Customer Relationship
Management (CRM) tool for planning and forecasting sales
- Demonstrates mastery of skills in the area of consultative
selling, marketing principles, prospecting, networking, coaching,
- Effectively coach, counsel, train and direct associates.
- Capable of supervising and motivating others.
- Write reports and business correspondence.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize
lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special
objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects under company account stratification
- Research customer business needs and develops a mix of products
and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers,
based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and
competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with
customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices,
availability, and product use.
- Provide product information and practical training to customer
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary,
working with the credit department and client; collect all balances
due based on approved credit terms.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the
- Troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process
(for example, out of stock items, special order items, low
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits,
and customer events.
- Attend and participate in general sales and district
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special
order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets
and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits, and
pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Miami , District Sales Manager, Sales , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!