Director Of Sales
Company: Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa
Location: Palm Beach
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Location: US-FL-Palm Beach# of Openings: 1Category:
Sales/MarketingPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status:
Escape normal with a unique Palm Beach experience at Tideline Ocean
Resort & Spa. An ambience of rest, relaxation and romance surrounds
the Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa. The dramatic sunrise views over
the Atlantic Ocean are a tonic to the fast-paced world that swirls
around you, and the refreshing breeze at sunset will refresh you
during an evening of open-air dining. At Tideline, we create a
once-in-a-lifetime experience that gives both guests and employees
the opportunity to make lasting memories. As part of our team, you
will have paid a competitive benefits package, including holidays,
vacation time, and paid time off. You will also have the
opportunity to take advantage of special discounted room rates when
staying at other Company managed hotels. We welcome the opportunity
to speak with you further about opportunities with the Tideline
Responsible for total room, banquet, catering, and room rental
revenue, yield strategies, implementation and accountable to a
market performance and meeting budget, forecast, and optimal
business mix targets. Strategies to include market mix, pricing,
status, and direct sales. The development and solicitation of
business from all markets to ensure the necessary advance bookings
needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel.
- Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through
effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate,
date and space commitments for group room sales within the
- Recruit, Interview, hire, train, recommend performance
evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and
recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and HEI
standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff
- Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to
the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited
to the annual and monthly forecast, lead management system, group
booking pace report, star reports and sales meeting minutes.
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect
market trends and related information for development of new
marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve
potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual business plan and
execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as
deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled sales department, executive
committee, and related meetings.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information
using a moderately complex computer system.
- Direct and manage all group, transient, and catering/banquet
sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales
plan, monthly reports, annual goals, sales budget, forecasts and
other reports as directed/required.
- Develop rates, group sales and catering deployment strategies
through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry
organizations and events.
- Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state,
and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of sales leadership in similar sized operation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills, as well
as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills, revenue management,
recruitment, supervision, training, and motivation of
- Ability to effectively listen, communicate and perform
diplomacy with internal and external customers and staff in all
- Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and
continuously perform essential job functions with or without
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa, Miami , Director Of Sales, Sales , Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!