PR & Communications Manager
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Are you a Team Player, have a full understanding of media needs
and media relationships, has excellent organizational and planning
skills, confident Communicator and Presenter and excel at
delivering results through collaboration across large
Organizations? Then this role is for you.
PURPOSE OF JOB:The Public Relations Manager serves as a member of
the Corporate Communications team at PriceSmart and supports
company-wide communications initiatives. This person will be
responsible for supporting the business units' key objectives,
including bolstering the company's image, developing and
implementing effective communications to more than 10,000 employees
across 13 markets, working with media outlets, supporting increased
collaboration across the company's different departments, and
sharing stories and content throughout the organization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: -
- Develop and execute regional communications strategies and
programs to drive media coverage. This role will collaborate
cross-functionally to craft compelling messaging and local
- Manage and build excellent relationships with key media and
influencers and secure media opportunities.
- Monitor the trade press on a daily basis to gather competitive
information and send to appropriate internal executives and stay
current on trends impacting the business.
- Keeping updated with emerging media trends and nontraditional
media channels to update PR strategy accordingly.
- Ensure coordinated, accurate, consistent and effective content
and messages. Must be able to find, develop and translate our value
across many functional areas into newsworthy communications.
- Ensure alignment with the company's strategic direction across
all of the region's external communications channels to ensure
consistent messaging and positive brand positioning.
- Support the communications team on development and construction
of various editorial needs including newsletters, e-blasts and
materials that support the company's initiatives, events, projects
and plans as it relates to PSMT employees.
- Support the PSMT Marketing and Communications team on ad-hoc
and other relevant projects that are current and timely.
- Help maintain consistency in writing style across Global
Resources, adhering to and promoting the division's writing style
Crisis and Media Training:
- Supporting the development and execution of crisis plans,
including drafting and issuing crisis statements, delivering crisis
communication media training, and developing crisis communication
- Support on editorial content for internal communications,
including developing intranet content, email newsletter, memos and
other editorial content for internal channels.
- Collaborate on the development and execution of the intranet
strategy and content creation.
AS AN EMPLOYEE OF PRICESMART, THE PR & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER HAS
THE RESPONSIBILITY TO:
- Always adhere and apply PriceSmart's Code of Conduct and
- Adhere and apply PriceSmart's Security, Prevention and Safety
- Promote PriceSmart's business philosophy including the 6 Rights
- Observe and apply PriceSmart's Policies and Procedures
- Protect PriceSmart's assets and working tools at all times
-MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR FORMAL TRAINING, YEARS OF
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND/OR -SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications,
Writing, English, or related area.
- Minimum of 4-5 years communication experience in a corporate or
agency setting with strong storytelling skills.
- Required: Fluent Spanish and English, spelling, grammar and
- Experience of collaborating with senior executives, marketing,
and other teams to develop leadership content and
- Expert in AP writing style and superb verbal, writing, editing
and proofreading skills.
- Have a successful track record in Communications and PR in
Latin America, with retail communications experience
- Have previously written and edited content for senior
executives and writing on complex business topics.
- Excellent knowledge of media and social media platforms.
- Ability to run PR and Communications campaigns that deliver
measurable results and meet objectives.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud
- Photography, videography and editing skills a plus.
- Creative, self-starter with strong work ethics and positive
- Proactive, result-driven, flexible with "hands-on" approach and
willingness to assist other team members with their tasks.
- Good in multitasking and prioritizing tasks, with high
attention to detail.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity:PriceSmart Inc. is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information,
pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by
federal, state, or local laws. - - - - - - - -
Keywords: PriceSmart, Miami , PR & Communications Manager, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!