Company: Chartwells Higher Education
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for a BARISTA (FULL-TIME)
- Location: University of Miami 1330 Miller Drive, Miami, FL
33146 -Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time; All shifts available, discuss your
availability in interview!
- Requirement: Barista & Customer Service experience preferred,
we will train for the position!
- Perks: Insurance Benefits, PTO*Internal Employee Referral Bonus
AvailableWe Make Applying Easy! - Want to apply to this job via
text messaging? - Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID
number 974223. -The advertised program is an AI recruiting
assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message
frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to
opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: At colleges and
universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is
re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging
the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech,
food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote
meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward
difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds
and prepare students for success. -With over 300 campuses around
the country, we are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who
are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite
you to start your career journey with us and look forward to
hearing from you. -
Job SummarySummary: -Makes and serves
coffee/espresso drinks and related food and beverage items. Handles
food according to HACCP guidelines and standards for quality
food-service operations. Interacts with customers and other
employees in a friendly, courteous manner. -Essential Duties and
- Prepares espresso orders for customers and catering using
standard measures and recipes.
- Enters orders accurately into POS device; accepts cash and
- Replenishes condiments, beverages and general supplies while
maintaining cleanliness of service area.
- Ensures proper presentation, portion control and maintenance of
proper serving temperatures; follows HACCP standards.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies
- Ensures proper food preparation by using approved recipes and
following prescribed production standards.
- Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris during meal
- Cleans equipment and workstation thoroughly before leaving the
area for other assignments.
- Greets customers courteously and interacts in a manner to
ensure customer satisfaction. Relays relevant concerns from
customers to supervisors.
- Serves customers quickly and efficiently, and prevents delays
in serving lines.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of daily menu items and
accurately explains them to customers.
- Serves as an advocate of selling techniques to the customer by
establishing good communication and assisting in the buying
- Ensures all display foods are merchandised attractively per
standards. Serves food neatly and attractively per standard.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The BenefitsWe are always
looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of
work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and
part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)Our Commitment to Diversity
and InclusionCompass Group is an equal opportunity employer. -At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law. - -Qualified candidates must be
able to perform the essential functions of this position
satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of
all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements
associated with this position. While this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves
the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job
based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
ordinance).Req ID:974223Chartwells HE - -
Keywords: Chartwells Higher Education, Miami , BARISTA (FULL-TIME), Hospitality & Tourism , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!